Clip-in hair extensions are quickly becoming more and more popular. It’s no wonder considering how easy they are to apply. They are also inexpensive, comfortable and an easy way to achieve long flowing locks. Many women use clip-in extensions to add instant volume, colour, or to lengthen to their locks. With a bit of practise you can become an expert at applying and blending the hair for a natural full look.
- Before we start make sure your hair is clean, as too much oil at the roots makes it harder to secure your clip-ins comfortably. Brush your hair with a tangle teezer brush to get rid of any knots and tangles. Section your hair horizontally from ear to ear using your fingers or a tail-comb. Secure the hair that is above the part, using a large clip.
- Using a comb, backcomb the roots of the section of the hair where the clips will be attached. This creates a strong grip to secure the clips on the hair. This step is important for women with fine or short hair. Spray the area with hairspray to provide more grip.
- Taking your clip-in set, unsnap the clips, ready to clip in to your hair. Always attach the middle clip first. Slide the comb on the clip onto your natural hair and snap shut. Check if the attachment is securely in place. Repeat with the clips on the left and right side of the weft. Make sure the weft lies flat along your scalp and feels secure.
- Release the hair that you clipped out of the way, above the part. Use a comb to make another horizontal part 1 inch above the previously applied extensions. Once again, clip your natural hair, that’s above the part, out of the way. Attach another weft in the same manner as the first. Remember to always attach the middle clip first. Continue making horizontal parts and attaching the extensions as you move up the back of the head.
- Attach the smaller side pieces by making a horizontal part above the ear and attaching the clip in wefts in the same manner.
- Use heat protector before applying any heat to your extensions. This will keep them looking beautiful for longer.